Cold pickling cucumbers in a pan
Cold pickling of cucumbers is undoubtedly the easiest way to harvest them. But not everything is as simple as it seems at first glance. Even in such a simple case, there are tricks and nuances. Starting from the right vegetables and ending with the search for the purest water, all this requires experience and skills, but if everything is done correctly, the result will certainly justify your efforts and time spent.
Selection and preparation of cucumbers for pickling
The first thing to do is choose the right cucumbers. They should be with pimples, since smooth ones are considered salad and do not fit.
The best option would be grown in your own garden, but if you do not have a summer residence, then you can buy them in the market or in the supermarket. The same with greens - ready-made sets of greens are sold.
Important! If you use medium-sized vegetables (about 10 cm in length), then the next day they are ready to eat.
Before you start, you need to wash everything. After you need to fill the cucumbers with cold water and leave them like that for 2 hours.This procedure is necessary so that they absorb a little water, so they will be crispy and have a fresh look.
Important! Salted cucumbers must be stored in the refrigerator or in the basement,otherwise they will deteriorate very quickly as a result of the accelerated fermentation process.
How to salt cucumbers in a pan in a cold way
Undoubtedly, the most popular snack in the winter will be light-salted cucumbers. This is due to the fact that their preparation is not burdensome at all, and the taste and benefits can not be compared with any other snack.
To prepare the brine, you need to salt already cold boiled water and mix until the salt dissolves.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Take a pot with a capacity of 3 l, put half the greens on the bottom and chop the garlic in large pieces here.
- Place vegetables in a pan.
- The tips are cut off in them, this contributes to better salting out.
- It is better that the cucumbers for this type of pickle are the same size, then it will be possible to salted all the fruits at the same time.
- After all the cucumbers are laid out in a pan, it is necessary to pour them with brine.
- The brine must be added by filtering through a sieve, since salt sometimes has small pebbles.
- If there is not enough liquid to completely cover them with brine, dilute another serving.
- From above we close the second half of the greens that we have left.
- Cover the pan with cucumbers and herbs with a towel and leave it on the table until evening.
- In the evening, you need to close the pan with a lid and transfer it to the refrigerator.
Features storage of cucumbers
Salted cucumbers must be stored in the refrigerator and not overexposed, so as not to turn them from salted to highly salted.As you eat them, you can add new ones to the pan.
Thus, the same brine can be used up to 2 weeks, after which you will need to already prepare a new brine.
And now we will share with you some tricks and tips:
- so that vegetables do not lose their color, add 50 g of vodka to the brine;
- it is better to choose small cucumbers, instead of cutting large ones, so they will pickle faster and do not lose their crispness;
- nitrates are contained in the tips of the fruit, they must be cut off;
- You can add a slice of oak bark to make the cucumbers crispy.
Did you know? Cucumber is considered the most dietary vegetable, since it consists of 95% water, which, during its growth, undergoes a special and complex cleaning system.
Due to its simplicity in cooking and useful properties, such an appetizer will be a great addition to any table.