Onion juice for ear pain
Since ancient times, onions are known for their wide range of vitamins and nutrients in the composition. This vegetable is one of the most commonly used ingredients in traditional medicine recipes. Thanks to onion juice, you can quickly and painlessly cope with various viral diseases, sore throats and runny nose. But what to do if you suddenly overtake an earache, and there’s no way to immediately see a doctor? And in this case, a saving vegetable can come to the rescue.
Did you know? The level of natural sugar in onions is higher than its content in apples and pears.
Useful properties of onions
There are a huge number of onion varieties, and all of them differ from each other both in appearance and in taste characteristics. One thing remains unchanged - this is a storehouse of useful vitamins, micro and macro elements, as well as many other useful substances:
- Vitamins A group of vitamins B (B1, B2, B6) involved in the normalization of the nervous and cardiovascular systems, as well as the gastrointestinal tract. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the immune system, accelerates wound healing, normalizes metabolism and remove toxins from the body. PP - helps to lower blood cholesterol and normalize the functioning of the nervous and digestive systems. E - improves the cardiovascular system, and also increases the rate of elimination of toxins from the body.
- Micro and macro elements: boron (B), cobalt (Co), manganese (Mn), molybdenum (Mo), copper (Cu), nickel (Ni), rubidium (Rb), fluorine (F), chromium (Cr), phosphorus (P), silicon (Si), sodium (Na), potassium (K), calcium (Ca), magnesium (M), iron (Fe), chlorine (Cl), sulfur (S). All of them are participants in important biochemical processes that are necessary for the harmonious activity of all systems of our body.
- Flavonoids - biologically active substances that strengthen the cardiovascular system.
- Glukinin - a tool that helps lower blood sugar.
- There are many useful properties of this vegetable, among which the most notable are:
- Onions are natural antibiotics that can resist viral diseases. Thanks to phytoncides, he successfully fights angina, destroying streptococci, dysentery, tuberculosis and diphtheria bacilli, and also contributes to the overall strengthening of the upper respiratory tract.
- Juice has a positive effect on potency and significantly increases sperm production.
- The vegetable helps to speed up the metabolism, and also improves blood formation and blood purification. In addition, it activates the digestive processes and accelerates the removal of excess fluid from the body. The biochemical substance quercetin, which is contained in the vegetable, prevents the appearance of cancerous tumors and is widely used in the treatment of cancer.
- Beta-carotene, contained in green feathers, has a positive effect on the health of the skin and organs of vision.
- The high content of vitamin C allows the onion to successfully deal with a disease such as scurvy.
- The presence of folic acid makes onions an obligatory product in the dishes of women planning a pregnancy.
Features of ear treatment with onions
Treating the ear with onions has some advantage - this tool has a mild effect and does not cause redness, which makes it possible to use it not only for the treatment of adults, but also children. The speed of eliminating pain and discomfort is pretty fast - it will take only a few hours before the first relief.
Important! Treating the ear with onion juice also helps to get rid of a runny nose and sore throat in parallel.
According to some recipes, during treatment, a small piece of onion should be put in the ear. However, this method is not true - the juice in this case will not be able to penetrate deep enough into the auricle, and therefore such a tool is simply useless. It is best to use onion juice in such cases, as a more effective remedy.. For its preparation, onions are placed in the oven, preheated to + 180 ° C, for 15 minutes. After this, the vegetable should be allowed to cool, and then cut in half and squeeze. Squeezing the juice in this way is not difficult.
As another recipe, it is proposed to cut out the middle in the onion and fill it with 0.5 tsp. caraway seeds. After that, the onion is sent to the oven for 15 minutes and then juice is squeezed out of it. For treatment, undiluted juice is instilled into the sore ear in the amount of 5-6 drops. After this, you must remain in a horizontal position for 4-5 minutes. An effective way is also to soak the cotton in the juice, which is then placed in the ear for several hours or all night. The procedure can be repeated exactly as many times as needed until the pain disappears completely.
What other diseases can I use onions for?
The fact that with the help of onions you can easily get rid of a runny nose, sore throat and other symptoms of viral and colds, is known to many. However, this is not a complete list of the healing abilities of this vegetable.
Video: onion drops for otitis media, runny nose and colds
Let's consider in more detail how and from what other diseases this product can protect:
- Cough - thanks to sulfur, which helps to remove toxins from the body, as well as soften the throat, bacteria that cause irritation of the throat and bronchi die. For treatment, the vegetable is cut into several slices and sprinkled with 1 tbsp. Sahara. After an hour, the medicine is ready - it should be consumed 2 times a day.
- Hair loss - thanks to a complex of vitamins, onion helps to reduce the amount of dandruff and significantly accelerates hair growth. To do this, onion is poured with water and boiled, after which the water is poured into a separate bottle and used as shampoo.
- Baby colic - The baby is given 1 teaspoon of tea to drink onion, which helps to relax the abdominal muscles, strengthen the stomach and improve digestion. For cooking, one onion is cut into several parts and boiled in a small amount of water.
- Insect bites - thanks to the ability to relieve inflammation, a slice of onion attached to the bite site can soothe the skin and relieve itching.
- Cuts - the upper layer of onions is applied to the cut site, which helps to stop bleeding and disinfect the wound.
- Vomiting - to remove toxins from the body, as well as normalize the functioning of the food system, vegetable juice is added to mint tea and periodically drunk until the vomiting is completely stopped.
- Burns - the onion cut in half is applied to the burn site, which helps relieve inflammation and itching, as well as prevent infection.
- At elevated body temperatures - To cleanse the body of toxins that cause high temperatures, coconut oil is poured into a small container, where they lower their legs. After that, pieces of onion are applied to the bones on the legs, and then the legs themselves are wrapped with a film. The compress is left overnight.
Important! This procedure is not an antipyretic, but it helps to restore the body and increase immunity.
Despite the many beneficial properties, this vegetable is not suitable for everyone. Typically, contraindications are associated with the use of this product in its raw form and, first of all, with the contained substance propantial-S - oxide, whose irritating effect on the walls of the stomach and intestines can cause an exacerbation of existing diseases.Based on this, people with the following diseases should either completely refrain from using this product or use it in food very carefully and in small quantities:
- gastritis, gastrointestinal ulcers;
- kidney or liver disease;
- heart failure.
It is worth considering the possibility of allergic reactions and individual intolerance to the product. Raw onions are also not recommended for lactating women, as this vegetable can slightly change the taste of milk. However, the use of vegetables in baked or boiled form in small quantities is good for everyone.
Summarizing, it is worth noting that onions, thanks to a number of vitamins and nutrients, are almost universal products, the use of which in various dishes brings not only an improvement in taste, but also positively affects the condition of the whole organism. Without contraindications, this vegetable can be used both in treatment and in the prevention of many diseases.
Did you know? Onions are among the most common vegetables in the world; they are grown in more than 175 countries.